Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Super 8 Editing and Splicing

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kgresko's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have many Super 8 Movies that are in the 50' reels and want to edit and splice them. Does anyone have any splicing equipment available for purchase? I do have a cheap Baia splicer, but do not have any of the tape. Help Please!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm stumped on this one so far. Anybody have any ideas?

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Let me rephrase that, I'm stumped on where to get the Baia tape. However, E-bay usually has someone selling some type of splicing gear.

    My favorite is the Wurker Splicer. Hervic Splicers are OK, but make sure for either splicer that you can find the tape splices. Usually the seller has some good leads or information they will share with you if you ask.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Try asking this place.

    http://www.chamblesscineequip.com/catalog/catalog.htm

    They have a lot of different tapes availible and some say the work for many brands.

    Like Alex I too like the Wurker best for tape splicing. Especially the 2 frame ones. I hear that some people buy the 4 framers and cut them in half with scissors. I tried but I must be retarted or something cause they were never straight/even [img]mad.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    pssst. There's a d in that word...which is no longer considered the politically correct word. [img]confused.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, replace the politically incorrect word with f****ed up.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bump.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Actor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2000
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    For the tapes try

    [email protected]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member woods01's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kodak sells a good splicer that works for 8mm,
    S8, and 16mm. And Kodak sells splicing tape and
    white leader too. Check out a good camera shop
    they might have it or can order it for you.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just thought I'd bump this for Tha Seer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •